Posted on November 12, 2021 at 03:05 pm
by Kent White
Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Some overtime is required. Report to office daily.
Field Service Engineers are responsible for on-going Planned Maintenance (PM) and Corrective Maintenance (CM) of high-level diagnostic and imaging equipment at customer facilities. Provide leadership and support for managing equipment and operations at the Home Office. Assist in the planning and installation of diagnostic and imaging equipment. Present the company well using the highest standards of customer service and professionalism.
Service / Technology Responsibilities
- Knowledge and experience to investigate, diagnose, and repair issues on client medical imaging equipment including hardware, acquisition, and generation devices.
- Knowledge and experience to properly install and calibrate new medical imaging equipment at customer sites.
- Knowledge and experience to order and replace parts and supplies on client medical imaging equipment.
- Able consistently to perform diagnostic, repair, and preventative maintenance work on client medical imaging equipment in a time-efficient and safe manner with the highest of quality.
- Maintain a working knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws, regulations and industry standards.
- Maintain the utmost professional appearance and demeanor at all times while working and representing the company.
Teamwork / Internal Company Responsibilities
- Complies with company Standard Operating Procedures in order to ensure adherence to federal, state, and local laws as well as company certifications in a manner that reflects ethical and professional integrity.
- Responsible for maintaining database and record of repairs, service calls, and client/equipment interactions with company-owned service software within company-established guidelines.
- Attends training sessions on equipment maintenance in order to keep up-to-date on technological and medical equipment advances.
- Conducts in-service or coordinates training sessions for radiology clinical/professional staff on proper use and safety of advanced radiology equipment. Also, provides assistance and training to Biomedical Equipment techs I and II as assigned.
- Provides on-call service coverage after normal business hours.
- Maintains high level of customer service to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Participates in team work by:
- Keeping others informed
- Initiating group decision making
- Working to accomplish team objectives and projects
- Seeking feedback about one’s effectiveness as a team member
- Knows, understands, incorporates and demonstrates the mission, vision, and core values of Kalamazoo X-Rays Sales in leadership behaviors, practices, and decisions.
- May be assigned other duties as deemed necessary by management.
Preferred Qualifications (any one or combination of the following qualifications is acceptable)
- Associates of Applied Sciences degree in related fields of medical electronics, electronic technology, imaging service technology or biomedical technologies.
- Military training/experience in biomedical technologies or electronics service or repair. BMET favored.
- Certified Radiology Equipment Service (CRSE) engineers.
- 4 years of proven experience in the medical imaging/x-ray service field.
- Detail oriented, excellent people and phone skills, professional email communication abilities, computer skills including Excel and Word.
- Leadership abilities, ability to handle stress, ability to evaluate and prioritize, problem solving abilities and flexibility, positive attitude, and ability to function independently.
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex information related to malfunctioning imaging equipment as described by clinical staff, and then determine equipment operational condition. Follow complex written instructions, perform tasks and document actions taken to restore service.
- Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
- Maintains safe working environment for self, other associates, patients, visitors, customers, medical staff in accordance with applicable standards and procedures relevant to job duties.
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical regularly.
- Communicate via conversing with, conveying, and exchanging accurate information with customers, vendors, and colleagues in person, and over-the-phone.
- Assess, inspect, observe, recognize, identify, and judge equipment, drawings, and other work-related visual and auditory aspects of daily work required in servicing medical imaging equipment including but not limited to color from both near and far as well as in reasonably dark and light situations.
- Distinguish between hot and cold along a range of temperatures and surfaces.
- Able to detect, determine and distinguish smells to prevent damage to equipment, injury to persons, and/or safety of facility in matters of fire, liquid spills, etc.
- Operate, activate, use, prepare, inspect, place, and position components of all shapes, sizes, textures, materials, and weights with accuracy and efficiency.
- Must be able to move, transport, position, lift, and place up to 50 pounds routinely (30% of the time)
- Must be able to move, transport, position, lift, and place over 100-pound frequently (20% of the time)
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for multiple hours at a time while driving or working at customer or company sites.
- Ability to move about client and company sites while traversing (ascending/descending) ladders and stairs.
- Ability to regularly position self on top of, over, under, and around equipment, floors, ceilings, walls and must be able to move between these positions regularly.
Kalamazoo X-Ray Sales, Inc. is a local, family-owned and operated medical imaging service, sales, and supply company based in Kalamazoo, MI since its inception in 1968. Kalamazoo X-Ray Sales, Inc. is also the parent company to Data Guardian, a NAID Certified information management company founded in 2004 specializing in document destruction, scanning, and records storage and management.
As a company, we are committed to excellence, integrity, flexibility, and positivity for ourselves and our associates. If you feel you embody these traits and possess the skills required to excel in our organization, we encourage you to view our current openings.